john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years foreign and domestic shop owner and technician
6149662

I get a clicking sound intermittently when I try to start my

Customer Question

I get a clicking sound intermittently when I try to start my 2011 Kia Sorrento. The battery has been checked and is fine It was new August 2015.
It doesn't click every time when I try to start it but I'm concerned I'm going to be stuck somewhere when it won't start
Category: Kia
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

do you have to jump start it or just keep turning the key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just keep turning the key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes it'll start just fine. Other times I get the clicking and then it'll finally start. All the battery connections are clean and tight.

that's a starter that is failing..replace the starter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks

best of luck...the click is a tell tale sign of starter failure....

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you