Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have a 2002 Kia Rio 1.3 84hp. which lately will not start

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Kia Rio 1.3 84hp. which lately will not start after a rain. I had a Camshaft Position Sensor installed after the check engine light came on. Two days later the light came on again for the same problem. I also had a Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and my Air Filter is clean and my plug wires are fairly new. On dry, sunny days the car runs fine.
I live in a very small town and my only income is a small social security payment and after paying the mechanic over $ 700.00 I have nothing left to sell to afford any more
large expenditures.
Do you have any idea as to what the problem(s) may be? Thank you, Rev.Joe
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

One thing I can think of is the connector for the ignition coil can get deteriorated and if it got wet it would not make a good connection. Does the vehicle crank over and not start or does it just not even crank over?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It cranks (new battery) but when it is wet it is like a bucking bronco and does not start. . PS: I use the library computer so it will take a day before I can answer you. The car has 140K miles but I always took good care of it.