Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have a 2005 Kia Amanti, only the left signal lights front

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Kia Amanti, only the left signal lights front and back does not work and the green left turn light inside just blinks eratically fast with no pattern at all
JA: Nice car. The Kia Mechanic can help you with your '05 Amanti. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just did se above
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, other than chnaging the rear signal yellowish orange bulb about twice thinking the bulb was the issue
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Kia Mechanic now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hi, if you turn the hazard switch on do both side turn signals flash normally?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the right side works fine, the left side is the problem, the signal lights on the left rear and front does not blink but the inside green arrow flashes fast you can barely see it, but flashes.

Ok, so even if you turn the hazards on still only the right side works? I know the issue is with the left side but to narrow it down I have to ask some questions like this

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No both sides works when the hazzard is on

Alright. After reviewing the wiring diagram, if both work normally with the hazard switch on that means that the bulbs and wiring are ok. It is also most likely safe to assume that the body control module is ok since the signal goes through that as well. Since you can see the left signal on the cluster dimly flashing and it is flashing erratically but the right side works I'm willing to bet you have a bad combination switch. The switch is probably not making good contact and thus causing it to flash erratically and make the light dim. The combination switch is the switch that you move to turn the turn signals on.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.