Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

On my way to work one morning, my 2013 Kia Sorento shut off.

Customer Question

On my way to work one morning, my 2013 Kia Sorento shut off. I tried starting it several times, but just got a low toned whinning sound and it doesn't turn over. It sounds like it wants to but just dies. I charged the battery many times and still get the same affect. What can I do to get my Kia back on the road. Dave...
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Dave, if it acting like you have a dead battery and you have changed it out then start with making sure its charging. Charge the battery and see if it will start and if it will then connect your volt meter to the battery and see if the alternator is charging at the proper rate. normal charging voltage should be right at 14 volts. Check this and let me know the results.