sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

, yes my lighter output was not working so I went to

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes my lighter output was not working so I went to replace the fuse I checked the fuse case next to the battery, but then I realize there is a second fuse box by the driver door. found it and replace it. but now the car doesn't start ? :(
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have quite a few things going on, especially depending on what it's actually doing. You may have gotten a fuse back in an incorrect spot leaving one missing, if the engine doesn't crank you may just have a dead battery, or it may just be a matter of disarming security after removing a fuse.

What happens when you attempt to start the engine?

What is the year and model of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The model is 2012. Battery lloks fine since radio and windows are working. But al the lights are on on the panel: check engine, oil, seat belt, tire air, etc. But when i try to crank the engine it does not start. Battery has been fine. May be that something has to be reset or disarmed?

2012 is the year, what make and model is the vehicle?

What happens when you attempt to start the engine? Does the starter engage but the engine doesn't start? Does the starter not engage? Is there a single click or rapid clicking from the engine compartment?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No clicking sound whatsoever when I try to start it. When looking for the burned fuae I made sure I place them back tightly in their right spot. When i found it I replace it with a brand new one. Did I reset or deleted something by doing so?

Can you post the VIN?