Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

After jump starting a dead battery on a 2011 KIA Soul, the

Customer Question

After jump starting a dead battery on a 2011 KIA Soul, the radio and center control panel do not work! Help!!
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you own a test light or volt meter so we can do electrical diag?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I don't.

Since you do not own a tool to diagnose this. Can i assume you are fine with me just providing what I feel like is wrong, though not being able to 100% confirm that without diag?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am! Please send me your suggestions!

When a battery dies, the voltage that it has and it is trying to hold onto is pulsed rapid on and off resulting in voltage spikes. Kind of like flicking a switch in your home on and off rapid till the bulb blows and the switch overheats and melts. The same can occur in a car to sensitive electronics. For the things no longer working the power and ground to them needs to be checked if its good then these parts have failed from this surge.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris