Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My 2002 Kia Optima V6 auto will not start. Nothing

Customer Question

My 2002 Kia Optima V6 auto will not start. Nothing electrical works. Everything is completely dead. No light, no clicking when trying to start. no chimes working nothing electrical works. Completely dead. Had an after market alarm so I had it removed by an alarm company.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Christopher Trevino replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I would be glad to assist you here with this issue. Typically, I would start by checking the battery for a dead battery or loose battery connections. Is there any signs of excessive battery acid build up on or near the cable ends and posts that would suggest a poor battery or connections?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No good battery I put on new cable ends already

ok got it , if your battery is testing at or around 12.68 volts that battery is good. Typically a malfunctioning alarm system would disable the cranking of the engine but not instrument lights and all electrical altogether, however I'm not completely ruling that out. From this point, I would check the other ends of the battery cables connections, from the positive to the fuse box, starter and alternator. Also the negative to a secure ground connection to the frame. Also verify all the fuses are in good working order (not blown or electrically open ) including the main power fuses. If all these points check ok , I will have to dig a little deeper.

Hello there, I also wanted to clarify that the aftermarket alarm was removed after the car had already experienced this problem correct? Or, would you say this problem started after you had the alarm removed? If this is an alarm related issue, aftermarket alarms sometimes have a "kill switch " or button that disables the cars electrical system, I would check for this button or switch and or check with the alarm company to see what type of alarm system you had. I hope this helps !

let me know if you require any more assistance, I'd be glad to help.

Than you,