Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

Failed inspecion brake not holding car. chilton does not

Customer Question

failed inspecion for park brake not holding car. chilton does not make a manual. 2005 kia amanti.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just looking for location of adjustment for the cable
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you have to remove the rear wheels, then position the disc so the adjustment hole is down at bottom, You then insert a flat blade screwdriver to grab the teeth of the adjustment wheel, One link shows the hole to put screwdriver in, Then/. you may??? have to adjust parking cable,.That adjustment is under the center consol as shown in another link, I cant rmember if this model you can remove top consol trim to get to adjust OR the console is removed, 95% of the time by turning the star wheel through the holes in each rear brake disc is enough to regain a proper adjustment