Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I put my Kia sportage 2001 inand a hold light came on. What?

Customer Question

I put my Kia sportage 2001 in*****and a hold light came on. What?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have an automatic, but you shift to get in***** Don't have a manual .
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. trying to get to work
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Don't have a clue why it is there.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello. The hold light is on because there are trouble codes in the system. You need to find out what they are before you can diagnose the issue. If you do not have a code reader, usually parts stores will be able to read the codes for you. Are you able to drive the vehicle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok good, if you are able to drive it and it goes into 4wd its probably not a big issue. When you find out what the codes are let me know and I can further assist you in diagnosing it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My brother found a hold button on auto shift. Pressed an light went out.

Oh the light wasn't flashing I guess, my mistake I assumed it was. Good, glad its fixed!