Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have a 2009 Kia Rio that won't start I've change the

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Kia Rio that won't start I've change the timing belt and the fuel pump all it does is turn over no start what should I check next
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, was this happening before you changed anything? Also, are you sure that the timing belt is lined up correctly and isn't off by a tooth or two?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Acts like it wants to start but don't

Alright, on the right front side of the engine, about halfway down there is a sensor with a 10mm bolt holding it down. Remove the bolt and sand down the area where the sensor attaches. Then clean the sensor and re-install it. Then see if the vehicle starts. I'll attach a picture to help you find it.

You'll also have to remove the sensor by just pulling it out, sorry I wasn't more clear.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.