Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Have a 2006 KIA Amante...it was running fine,then started it

Customer Question

Have a 2006 KIA Amante...it was running fine,then started it to go to work,and even pushing gas petal to floor, the RPMs wouldn't hardly go up and couldn't get over 20 mph?? Two days later, it went back to running fine. For 3 days, then getting out of work...it did the same thing...20 mph all the way home! Again set for a day, and back to normal!! afraid to drive now...what could it be?? Suggestions are catilitic converter or a "throttle box?"
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light come on? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has ALOT of miles,and when my sister in law gave it to me the engine light was on...said it was checked and was something simple when she gave it to me....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas or no??
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Does the check engine light ever flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Lets start by having diagnosic codes done, it sounds like the throttle body assembly has failed to me but the codes should give more information. You can have codes read at your local parts store for free. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok...thanks! But will the code show while its working and running normal, or do I have to wait til it screws up on me again?LOL
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If the light is on then there will be a code stored. Even if light is off the code is often stored in history so it is worth checking either way. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok...thank you!!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, let me know what codes your getting when you get a chance to look. Thanks.