Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2005 Kia Sorento.This just started happening

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 Kia Sorento.This just started happening yesterday.I went out to the vehicle and could here a fan running. key was still in my pocket.Opened the door and found the heater fan running,lifted the hood and the cooling fans were running as well.
Checked the main relay box,i pulled the main relay,it all shut off.reinstalled it and they all started again.Swapped relays,same result.pulled the high/low cooling fan relays-no change
Pulled the main cooling fan relay,-coling fans shut off.reinstalled the relay-fans came back on.I unplugged the ignition switch-no change.wigled tested harness nothing.then it just
stopped happening-let unit run and charge battery.left overnight-battery stone dead in am.
recharged battery-now it stopped again.I suspect possibly the acc.delayrelay????.im a 27 year ford tech but never lifted the hood on a kia till today.any help would be appriciated.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Are you able to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting?

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Lets start with scanning the system and seeing what fault codes are that should be setting and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ron.I have not been able to retrieve codes as it killed the battery. I'v charged it and leaving it overnight again.will contact you tomorrow with or without codes,thanks Al.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay Al, IM here all day.