Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Key will not move forward or backward from the acc position.

Customer Question

Key will not move forward or backward from the acc position. The key comes out though.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried the shift release lock. I have tried turning the steering wheel.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if the battery is dead or weak in the vehicle.If there is a dead or weak battery this will cause this type of fault here and will need to be corrected to resolve this issue.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to offer this service at this time here for the phone call.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist with this call or we can continue here just let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is not the battery. The battery is fine.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Is the key still able to be put into the cylinder and removed with the key cylinder in the accessory position?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.