Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Kia Sedona seat latch is stuck in closed position
, I

Customer Question

kia Sedona seat latch is stuck in closed position
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had removed the seat last month, and when I try to put it back in, the back latch won't catch the bar on the floor of the car because the latch is in the closed position
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with your latch we need to know what model and year your Kia is. If you can post back with complete details I will look at the diagrams and see if we can determine the cause of the problem you are having.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a 2007 Kia Sedona LX minivan. I have taken the plastic cover off the back of one of the rear catches on the seat (2nd row bucket set) to get a better look at it, but I still can't figure out how to get the catch back into the unlocked position so that it can latch on to the rear anchor in the minivan. Seems like it should flip around or something, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well it come out of the lock position if you hold the release in the unlock position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it remains in the locked position when I tried that.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am not find any information on the latch assembly for the rear seat. I am going to open the post back up for you in hopes another may have the information you need. If the can help you they will respond.