Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

, i have Kia sorento 2004 165000 km approx I have a air

Customer Question

hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have Kia sorento 2004 165000 km approx I have a air sucking noise when i accelerate ( moving )
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My kia sorento is making a air sucking noise while accelerating ( only when moving ) . It dosent makes the noise while accelerating when standing still . With Windows down i can hear them clearly .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise is more when the car is cold
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I've seen this a ton of times.

The air intake duct on the sorento will tear and allow air to suck in bypassing the rest of the ducting. If it goes for long enough it will set a check engine light. You should be able to fix this yourself fairly easily if you want me to walk you through it.