john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years foreign and domestic shop owner and technician
6149662

I am unable to compress rear brake caliper piston (changing

Customer Question

I am unable to compress rear brake caliper piston (changing pads) on 2013 kia optima SLX with electronic emergence brake function. I removed the electronic emergence brake actuator from back of caliper and manually turned with hex key. Turned to full stop in either direction. It didn't make a difference The caliper piston is fully extended and I can't get it to back off (resivor cap is open). using C clamp. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 10 months ago.

they would turn in at that point ..not press in they need to be wound in with a caliper tool...all tho proper procedure is with a scan tool

if they cant see the firpit I bet ya can have a fire

im sorry,, I don't know what happened there,,,,they would turn in at that point ..not press in they need to be wound in with a caliper tool...all tho proper procedure is with a scan tool