Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

To you. My name is ***** ***** Engelhardt.
, Have a

Customer Question

Good day to you. My name is ***** ***** Engelhardt.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have a problem with Kia Rio stalling while on the run. the car is idling smooth and fine when stationary. This problem manifests itself at random. It may take weeks after a stall to repeat. I have change the fuel filter, oxygen sensor, fuel pump and crankshaft position sensor, but problem persists. The car is a 2004 A/T, 4 cyl, 1.4L version with hardly 60,000 kilometers. Any suggestion?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, when it stalls out does it restart immediately or do you have to wait a bit before it starts back up?

Also, I need the vin number in order to pull any needed schematics

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Eric,
My apologies for the late reply.
This concerns my wife's car. I have driven the car very seldom but the only time it stalled when I was driving, it started back right away.
However, my wife insists he has to wait a while before the car will re-start.
Before the engine stalls, there are no alerts on the dash panel.
The car is not overheating either.
Due to this problem, last year I replaced the oxygen sensor, crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter and air filter.
The spark plugs I replaced about a year ago but they have not reached 3000 km yet.Stationary, the car idles smooth and revs up smooth.
Although rather "old" (2004), the car only has 44+,000 km on the odometer.Car is a Kia Rio, 1,4 L engine, A/T, A/C, 4 door.
VIN#: KNADC223346326294Thanks in advance.
Have a great day.Regards,Dennis
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I would first check the efi main relay in the engine compartment fuse/relay box for overheating and shutting down, followed by checking the cam sensor