Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2010 Kia Sedona base model. Rear liftgate will not open. Any

Customer Question

2010 Kia Sedona base model. Rear liftgate will not open. Any ideas how to get it to open up?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why the tail gate is not opening you are going to need to start first with scanning the BCM (body control module) to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when it will not open. Once you have the fault code then that will need to be addressed from there. See the steps to test in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. If you can get me the fault codes, we can narrow it down from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Tail%20gate%20Jan%2027.pdf