Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kia brake lights not working and esc fault coming on every

Customer Question

Customer: hello.... kia brake lights not working and esc fault coming on every time the brakes are applied
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: esc was comming on once in a while... now comes on every time the brakes are applied
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: fuse are all ok
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, first, I need to know the year and model of your KIA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serento... fault code says its brake light switch A the brake switch on the pedal ohms out fine
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, again, what year is yours?

And what is the exact fault code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
08 dont know the fault code #...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
reader already disconected... dont have it here.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, there is an open recall on the brake light switch for your vehicle for these symptoms and the switch showing good resistance. If yours has not been replaced, this is the place to start since we know there is a known issue with them that resulted in a recall.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks