fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

Help KIA 2700 overheating Mechanic runs and des out the back

Customer Question

Customer: Help KIA 2700 overheating Mechanic runs and hides out the back when he sees my vehicle coming. He has done the following: radiator removed and flushed, thermostat replaced twice, head replaced, water pump replaced, STILL OVERHEATING desperate mechanic and owner any ideas or suggestions?????????????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 200k on speedo july 2004 build. Mostly light loaded country driving overheating explanation goes to operating temp then suddenly rises,perviously boiled but has not since repairs however dial displays boiling level hope this helps
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure am thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me when the engine actually overheats? What type of driving and how fast?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Small amount of driving in our local township but mostly country driving at 80 ks very lightly loaded with a bark canoe art work our terrain is flat and the temperature of the day was 30 Degrees C the truck is regularly serviced. Also parts replaced due to the overheating in addition to parts already listed plus viscous coupling fan hope this helps
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Does it seem to get hotter when accelerating it when driving at slower speeds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It heats when travelling usually when driving at 70 k plus
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. From what you are describing it sounds like you have a head gasket that is starting to leak slightly. When this occurs some compression pressure can enter the cooling system and cause exactly what you are explaining. A block test needs to be performed to confirm if this is occurring before you go any further with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there we have had the block tested and that was all good thats why we are at a loss and our mechanic is about to have a breakdown any other suggestions???
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

If it is only overheating at high speeds then chances are it is the head gasket or a crack in the head or block. Did he use a gas analyzer also to check for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he did but we are going to ask to have it done again andI will let you know the outcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS We will book the KIA into the mechanics tomorrow Wednesday !
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what the result is when this is done.