Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My name is ***** *****..I have a 08 sedonna with a locked

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****..I have a 08 sedonna with a locked immobilizer unit ..how would I clear it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: was trying to program extra key..entered code but it locked immo
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models you can disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and it may clear out then and let you enter the correct code and on other models you may have to leave the key on for an hour or more.I have also seen some where the fault codes had to be cleared out/erased with a scan tool to reset this here.If these have all already been attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete