Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

, I am working on my brothers 2005 kia sorento. it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am working on my brothers 2005 kia sorento. it turns over but will not start. I can hear the fuel pump and smell gas. it also over full of engine oil but it smells of gas.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Have you checked the fuel pressure, ignition spark, injector pulse?

Have you checked the compression to rule out a timing issue.

Crankcase oil that is overfilled and diluted with fuel means there is an injector faulty and stuck open allowing the fuel to flow into the cylinder, then it seeps by the rings into the crank case. If you remove all the plugs and unplug the injectors, crank the engine can you tell which cylinder is blowing fuel out?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris