Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have a kia sedona 2003 model. Starting yesterday, whenever

Customer Question

I have a kia sedona 2003 model. Starting yesterday, whenever I open or close the drivers door all of the locks activate. Has anyone heard of this problem?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Have you checked the door jamb wiring for signs of a break in the wires? Sometimes the wiring that had to flex back and forth when you open and close the door will fray and cause the locks to activate when you move the door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have attempted to check the wiring. It is running inside a rubber boot which appears to be much more kinked than the one on passenger door. Not sure how to get at the wiring as there is almost no space in which to work. Will try further when I get the garage cleaned out enough to get the vehicle inside.
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

It's very difficult to get in that boot to check the wiring. If you open the door and wiggle that boot (as much as you can) can will the door locks to activate?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are having very low temperatures so :I will not be able to do the check for a few days. Will let you know what I find.
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Sounds good. I'll keep checking in to keep the question from timing out.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately the temperatures are staying way below freezing, close to 0 most of the time) and I am unable due to health issues to work on it till it warms up a bit. Will let you know as soon possible what I find.
Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

Ok, sounds good. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I am a retired contractor and electrician and a sure I can repair it if I can finally get to it.
Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

Definitely.