sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2005 Kia Sorrento LX tailgate door's door ajar alarm and

Customer Question

My 2005 Kia Sorrento LX tailgate door's door ajar alarm and light goes off each time I make a left turn. What can I do about this?
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be electrical or mechanical.

It's possible that the liftgate ajar switch circuit is shorting to ground when the harness moves just right when going around a corner, but it's not that likely

The problem is more likely to be a mechanical issue with the way the liftgate is closing. If it isn't properly closing then the ajar switch can close while driving as the body flexes. This is what I believe is happening. The problem could be with the latch itself, a damaged door seal, trim panel or foreign object preventing it from closing correctly, the striker may be misadjusted, the hinges may be worn, or the liftgate itself may be damaged/twisted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll take a look at it tomorrow after work. I'll let you know what I find.

Great!