Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

01 sephia hard to start when hot must give it gas dosent get

Customer Question

01 sephia hard to start when hot must give it gas dosent get driven much
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases this can be caused by carbon build up in the throttle body bore itself as it can block the air flow from entering the throttle into the intake when warm.Usually this can be repaired by using a shop rag with some carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner sprayed on the rag to wipe clean the throttle body bore and bore plate.This is the most common cause here.

The other issue is a weak fuel pump as the check valve in the pump can fail and cause low pressure on restart when hot causing this.If cleaning the throttle body does not correct this here I would have the fuel system tested for any issues needing replaced like a failing fuel pump.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete