Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

We have push button ignition only, no key. Brake pedal is

Customer Question

We have push button ignition only, no key. Brake pedal is locked up will not go down and we cannot start vehicle. Any suggestions? It's a 2015 Kia Sorento EX
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Start first with making sure the battery is fully charged and the cable are clean and tight. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all that was checked we have lights and engine turns over fine. We believe it has something to do with brake pedal being locked up.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If the engine is turning over its not likely due to the break pedal . When it cranks are you getting spark to the spark plugs as well as injector pulse and proper fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
To start our vehicle u have to push brake pedal down and then push ignition button the problem is we can't push the brake pedal because it is locked up. Cant be sure about injector pulse etc.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If the engine is cranking over then it should start. You did say it cranks over right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It turns over fine but is not starting I think its something to do with the brake being locked up
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The break pedal being stiff should not keep it from starting.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its not stiff it is locked up. The vehicle does not start unless you can push down the brakeand you ccannot push it
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Even if that is the case , if the engine is cranking over it should start. If you suspect its related to the break pedal then the first hing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As you must be aware to have comptuer scanned as you suggested I would need to take it in to a repair shop therefore I would no longer need your input because I would slrwady gave a qualifued technician working on it. I spoke directly with Kia yesterday and tried a couple things they suggest which were not anything you suggested. It still would not release the brake to allow it to start and as we speak the vehicle had been flatbed hauledd to dealership. Therefore I really cannot give you much of a rating and dince I wa not provided a fix I would expect a refund of our $ 28.00. Please refund asap. Thank you kindly.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately it can be rather hard to fix every problem on line because it often requires hands on testing. I am sorry I could not be of more help. Thank you just the same and best of luck to your.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The site still charges you rather you rate my service or not. The only difference if with out your rating I recieve nothing for at least trying to help youl