Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  owns repair shop 25yrs
14541291

Kia Sorento 2006 LX I removed the power steering line and

Customer Question

Kia Sorento 2006 LX
I removed the power steering line and bought a replacement one
i am having problem to install it because of it's form
I am not able to get it in place to many obstacles in the way
i've been trying in many way but seems impossible to get it in place
Is there a way by removing any other parts to install it from the steering connection
to the line Under the radiator
Category: Kia
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Are you trying to get the instructions to replace the power steering line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already remove it but the way it is impossible to put the new one on place

is the new hose the same as the old hose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but to be able to remove it i had to twist it and the way it is with 2 90 degres and other one it's seems impossible to instal it

Ok. You aren't able to get the new one in exactly the same way the old one came out? The instructions just state to disconnect the hose from the pump, then disconnect from the rack and remove it. Nothing else is specified to be removed. Sometimes pre-bent hard lines like this one can be a real pain to get in place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but this is not helping me i try for 2 hours , is there any tips or could i removed something to help me to install this hard line ?

There are no tips or tricks that I know of to get the line installed. Nothing additional is indicated to be removed as per the instructions. I will opt out in case somebody knows of some kind of underground trick to do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i'll be waiting for an answer
Thanks
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

if you must.loosen the rack [steering gear unit] and let it drop down so you can get to it,,if at the pump,loosen the pump so you can move it around so you can get to the lines/hoses

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o5ijdk2pq1w3bm/0104-sorrento-POWER%20STEERING%20HOSES.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

/www.dropbox.com/s/2o5ijdk2pq1w3bm/0104-sorrento-POWER%20STEERING%20HOSES.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i'll try by loosen the steering gear, may be this will give me the space i need to slide the metal tube of both pressure and return to his place, because this is the main problem not enough space to slide the tubes at their place

yes,,you will be able to gain access this way

thanks