internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Import car specialist for over 10 years.
63512786

2004 Kia Sedona: How do the power steering pipes go back on

Customer Question

2004 Kia Sedona: How do the power steering pipes go back on the rack. There are two identical ports and I forgot which port is the pressure and which is the return line.
Category: Kia
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon.

I'm going to show you a diagram.

Click the link for details.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

The line going to intermediate shaft is the high pressure.

Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you. Happy New year!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both ports are on the intermediate shaft. One is about 2 inches above the other. Both the pressure line and the return line can bolt into either port. If I switch the lines around, it's going to blow out the seal.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

The line from the oil pump goes to the bottom port.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

I meant the oil cooler

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

The line from the oil pump goes to the top port.

The line from the oil cooler goes to the bottom port.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like I had them switched around. It's a good thing I didn't try to start it yet! Thanks for the info. None of the diagrams I could find online were at the right angle to tell. I will definitely give you a great rating as soon as I verify that the lines are correct. Thanks so much for getting me out of that bind.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. The diagram is straight from the Kia tech manual. You will be OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to say you had the lines backwards. The pressure line from the oil pump goes on the bottom port. When I started my car with the configuration you described, my wheel started shaking violently. I switched the lines around and it works fine. At the moment it looks like the steering shaft seal held up and no damage was done. I will have to keep an eye on it to make sure it's not leaking for a while. However, I am sorry to say that I was not satisfied with your answer. Thanks anyways.