Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****, my girl frien's gh stop light is

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, my girl frien's high stop light is out. She said a year ago an after market flasher was installed that flashes three times before going solid. Not sure if this caused premature failure of the light... Would like to remove flasher module and replace light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a 2013 Kia Optima.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The 3rd brake light is wired direct to the brake switch on the pedal, it does not go through the turn signal switch or the flasher relay. Can you apply the brakes and see if the bulb socket is getting the needed power and ground meaning its just the bulb to blame.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OEM installed 3rd light ha no flasher. As stated there is an aftermarket flasher that is being peddled by local repair shops that connects between the peddle switch and the bulb. Furthermore, looking for procedure to replace the bulb on the third brake light.

I would imagine this add on flasher would be installed near the brake pedal or the 3rd brake light wiring. I doubt its hidden anywhere else in the harness.

To get to the 3rd brake light you remove the rear seat back and the package tray to gain access. I sent an offer prior if you need me to upload manufacturer steps.