Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My Kia 2010 Cerato makes a knocking sound on the steering.

Customer Question

My Kia 2010 Cerato makes a knocking sound on the steering. Can it be repaired? I live in Kwa Zulu Natal - South Africa
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this occurs in the steering column are this may be a fault with a column shaft bearing that is failing as this is most common for this issue here.On some models the bearing can be purchased from a dealer and replaced seperate of the column itself and in other cases the entire column would need replaced.

If the noise is coming from outside of the vehicle this is usually a tie rod at fault needing replaced and can usually be replaced seperately.Once it is replaced the vehicle will need an alignment on an alignment machine.

The vehicle will have to be checked over fully to pinpoint the source of the noise and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete