Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

The fuse that services the tail lights and dash lights fails

Customer Question

The fuse that services the tail lights and dash lights fails when you turn the head lights on after starting the engine. It does not fail till the engine is started. I checked all bulbs. Any ideas?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need to know what year your Kia is and what the number of the fuse is that is blowing on you. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The KIA is a 2002 Sportage. The fuse that keeps blowing out is a 10 Amp located in the last position, upper left corner of the fuse box.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

About the only way to determine where the short to ground is in the circuit is to start at the back disconnecting the circuit and working your way forward till you can get the fuse to hold. I have enclosed the wiring diagram for the circuit in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Tail%20light%20circuit%20%20Jan%201.pdf