toddwr007
toddwr007, Other
Experience:  Ase Master technician. With over 30 years experience in the automotive field
24034660

My 2011 kia sportage dash won't come on and the check

Customer Question

My 2011 kia sportage dash won't come on and the check engineer light is on, but is driving fine?
Category: Kia
Expert:  toddwr007 replied 1 year ago.

Hello: when you are saying dash wont come on (Im assuming you are saying that dash back lighting is not coming on, you can not see gauges, Am I correct?) As far as the check engine light, this will have to be scanned, If you have an Autozone parts house near you. They will scan test for free, Then you can supply me with the code/codes and we can see what we have to do to fix that isue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dash gauges are also not working. Will take to auto zone in the morning
Expert:  toddwr007 replied 1 year ago.

This sounds to be a fuse burned issue, (for dash lights, can also effect tail lights (check fuses in underhood fuse/relay box first, then check underdash fuses) this is the issue for loss of dash lights. as far as check engine light, this is a sensor issue with engine or transmission, Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any othjer assistance to you with this issue! Have a Happy New Year!