Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Daughters 2004 kia rio 4 door hatch has intermittent fault

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Daughters 2004 kia rio 4 door hatch has intermittent fault and wont start. appears to be the immobiliser i think. Stopped using remote yesterday and only using the key to manually lock and unlock.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has manually unlocked the car door using the key. Put it in the ignition and when she turns key nothing happens apart from all lights blank out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes please will be in and out so will keep an eye on it
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

With the key on the instrument cluster warning lights should be lite up and the gauges set read to read, does that occur?

With the key on is the theft light on or flashing?

Has the battery voltage been checked?

Do the headlight work good and bright?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris