Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have a 2008 Kia Sorento and after driving it and turning

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Kia Sorento and after driving it and turning it off then when go back to start it turn key everything goes black, no power. No dash lights, no headlights no anything. Brand new full charged battery. If I disconnect battery for few hours and then connect the battery all lights work and car starts and runs fine. Once it's turned off same thing happens. It's like a relay or something is stuck on. Any idea what needs replaced
Category: Kia
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. You have a bad connection at or after the battery. Check for voltage on the fuses under the hood when this condition occurs. All fuses should have battery voltage. It might be a bad fuse block or connection at the fuse block as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That really doesn't make sense to me being that it's fine till I turn it off. Then nothing till I disconnect battery for at least 3 hours. Once that done I have full power once again. If bad connection wouldn't it be there even after I reconnect the battery? I am resetting the memory by disconnecting battery for that long period of time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

The bad connection will surface once you put a load on the electrical components like when trying to start the engine. Make sense?