sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2011 Kia sorrento driver side door will not unlock from

Customer Question

My 2011 Kia sorrento driver side door will not unlock from outside, but will unlock from inside
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue has to be with the latch itself or a linkage issue. It's more likely to be a linkage issue but the latch is definitely possible.

There is a rod that goes from the lock cylinder to the latch to lock the door when the key is turned. If the lock cylinder turns with little resistance that's a sign that the linkage is off. It isn't unheard of for the plstic clips that attach the rods to break and then the rod falls off.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel for inspection. If the linkage is intact and moving correctly with the lock cylinder then the problem has to be with the latch, if the linkage is off then the clip that attaches it is most likely broken at the end that's off.