Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

2004 Kia Rio. Showed two transmission ratio code. Dealer

Customer Question

2004 Kia Rio. Showed two transmission ratio code . Dealer reset computer and one code went away. When first starting out car shifts fine through all gears. When you stop first time, then transmission shifts at high rpm and harsh. Any suggestions
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you know what the code is that comes back?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
They did not or would not give me the code number
Expert:  Jerry replied 12 months ago.

I see, thanks. It would be hard to say what may be causing the problem(s). Perhaps you can stop by a parts store, (autozone,O'Rielly's) and have them read the codes? They do that at no charge to you in most stores, thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Does the speed sensor ever cause that issue
Expert:  Jerry replied 12 months ago.

Yes, that could do it.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I can get the instructions for the speed sensor and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't need that file on speed sensor. I'm going to go get the codes Friday I'll get them to you when I get them
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Okay, thanks. I should be on, God willing. You may get some kind of reminder from the site, (automated) just don't worry about it. I look forward to hearing from you, thanks again.