Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Sorrento 2011 with autostart smartstart remote installed

Customer Question

Kia Sorrento 2011 with autostart smartstart remote installed will not start either by remote or push to start. Behaving as if a key is in the ignition, lights wont go out, beeps when door is open, and clock light stays on. How do I reset it?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the ignition switch fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this issue here.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.This will also most likely require a multi meter to test signals from the ignition switch to see if the switch itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete