George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

Trying to find where the purge solenoid 2008 kia optima v6

Customer Question

Customer: trying to find where the purge solenoid 2008 kia optima v6 ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cant find where the purge solenoid is located on my 2008 kia optima v6
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 12 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The purge valve/solenoid is mounted on the back of the intake manifold against the firwall. If you look for the steel line that has a rubber host on it that comes up from the rear of the vehicle that rubber hose connects to the purge valve and a shorter hose connects the valve to the manifold.

Rear center of the engine on the back of the manifold mounted on a steel bracket is the location

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you