Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

I am having a problem with the center control light mainly

Customer Question

I am having a problem with the center control light mainly the shifting area. Can you help me. I just bought the car 3 days ago. All other lghts eliminate nicely but last night when I was coming home from an emergency I
That is when I noticed that r
The shift area was not woeking.
Please help me
Sincerely
Bill Malcolm
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 12 months ago.

Hello ..sounds like the bulb has burned out, IT will not be a fuse issue, the fuse controls many other lights as well. soo, honestly I cant remember each abd every on so you will have to dig down to the area of the bulb and change it. to do so you pull up real hard on shifter handle to remove, then unclip the cover, you may? be able to see bulb at that stage, If not? then the console is removed to access the bulb, i have included a file as well as 2 pics showing the cover and handle, Basically you need to get to the shifter assembly to access the bulb

more links