Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

When I changed motors in my 2000 Kia Sportage now the 4wheel

Customer Question

When I changed motors in my 2000 Kia Sportage now the 4wheel drive does not engage at all well I did not a mechanic did I am a handicapped woman but have had my car since it was new the lights show on the dash like it is in 4wheel drive
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this issue here only occured after the engine was replaced I would have the engine wiring checked over for any issues with the wiring needing repaired.I have seen loose or disconnected wiring cause an issue like this here especially a missing or loose ground.If this has already been checked over and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete