Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

Kia spectra stalls while driving sometimes turns off while

Customer Question

kia spectra stalls while driving sometimes turns off while driving
Submitted: 1 year ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replace battery and alternator
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

replacing the battery is a good starting point

, I'd next pull out and inspect the main power fuses in the under hood fusebox as if one is corroded or cracked then this can produce intermittant power to the ECU or another control module

I'd also check that for fuel pressure as it could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the inljectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.