Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Sometimes when I stop My car want move until I kill and

Customer Question

Sometimes when I stop My car want move until I kill and restart the car
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is the check engine light staying on and if so have you had the codes pulled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
light is on but code not pulled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if I'm still connected to you. Please type yes if you are.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the check engine light on like this here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.This can be done by any repair facility and in allot of cases places like Auto Zone will usually read out these codes at no charge to you.I would start with having this done.

If your engine is still running but when you stop and then press on the gas pedal to move the vehicle doesnt move if the engine is revving up but the vehicle isnt moving at all this indicates a transmission fault and since you can cycle the key off and on and the fault corrects itself this indicates an internal electrical solenoid or sensor fault in the transmission.

If the engine does not rev when you reapply to move this can indicate a fault with the throttle position sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete