Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

To change headlight on 2015 rio, I removed plug and 2

Customer Question

To change headlight on 2015 rio, I removed plug and 2 bolts.... Do I also have to remove the grille?
Basically looking for the easiest way to get this thing replaced (broken lense) really don't want to have to play with plastic clips etc if I don't have to... They don't like sub zero temperatures.
Thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet

Remove the radiator grille upper cover, then remove the upper mounting retainers for the grille/bumper cover assembly. You can pull the grille/bumper cover outward a bit at that point to pull out the headlamp assembly

I have attached directions below

Or you can try to slip a puttyknife that is thin between the grill and headlamp to ease the headlamp out, but it is very likely to scratch the finish on the grille or bumper. Doing the above method will ensure this doesnt happen

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I appreciate your answer to my question & as you noted it did take a long time for my question to be answered.
I drive truck so have been away.
I marked my question urgent when I asked it, then after 6 hrs with no response reasked and was charged a second time, also marked urgent.
The site says usually with in 2 hrs often within minutes, my answer took about 12 hours to recieve, I had to leave and go trucking 8 hours after I asked the question. Thus the answer did not help me and she paid a shop to install the headlight.
I realize you did answer the question I asked but as it was of no use to me due to time frame I have a hard time with paying for and giving good reviews on the service that was no help to me, even tho I have no complaints of you or your answer.
Simon
Expert:  Eric replied 12 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I understand and no problem