Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have a 2004 kia optima. air conditioning blows but hot air

Customer Question

hello, i have a 2004 kia optima. air conditioning blows but hot air even when knob is on cold
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Does the compressor come on?

Do you know what the system pressures are?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my friend is the one taking a look at the car how do you know if the compressor goes on? what kind of sound does it make ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I let all pressure out of the low pressure valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i reloaded freon to ac system of this car multiple times and it worked before, recently i tried again now its not going into the low pressure valve?can you explain what happen
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. The only way to possibly begin to know is to know what the pressure readings ore in the system. That is done with a set of manifold gauges. Normally available at autozone for loaner, thanks