Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Kia cerato 2009/2010. I feel like the car is

Customer Question

Hello.
I have a Kia cerato 2009/2010.
I feel like the car is swaying all over the road and it also has a bad vibration. Some days I feel like the tyre is going to fall off.
Also the steering doesn't feel right.i can feel when city driving and it then gets worse when driving on the highway.
I've been getting the run around and also being ripped off, being a female of course, they feel they can do this.
I have taken it to 4 different companies trying to fix the problem in my car.
1st one said, my rear shockies are seized. Had them replaced and also a wheel alignment.
2nd one said, the front bushes are both split. Had both of those replaced. They said the wheel alignment is out, so had that done AGAIN.
3rd one said front bearing is on its way out but not to the point of needing replacement.
4th one said, you need to rotate your tyres and get a wheel balance. Had that done also.
So I've spent a small fortune in which I really couldn't afford and the car still feels terrible.
Please help me.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

While driving and swerving aggressive but safe, does this result in excessive noise that appears to come from the tires?

With the engine off, key on, and steering wheel turned back and forth does your hand move 2 inches or less?

Ha there been a recent impact on the road or in a parking lot?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does move more than 2 inches. And no, Iam the only driver and I have no major bumps or impact happen to the car.
And it doesn't feel safe.

I think you missed this question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tyres are a little noisy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are you thinking might be the problem

Does swerving make it better or worse or no effect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No affect really.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just feels bad all the time and it's getting worse

Thanks, ***** ***** you have told me. There is not a wheel bearing issue at this time to blame. The alignment out of specs is causing incorrect tire wear and the tire noise. The sway issues can be due to weak shocks or a damage sway bar or sway bar end links. The vibration can be from a bent wheel, out of balance tire, or alignment issues. It looks more than one thing needs to be done to address this.

My suggestion is to have the wheel/tire road force balanced to check the rim for out of roundness and the tire for hard spots.

Check all shocks, and the the sway bar, check all steering and suspension joints.

Have a 4 wheel alignment done.

Make sure the axle shaft CV joints are also checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After some of the problems you have suggested, is the car safe to drive?

I do feel it will get worse and result in accelerated tire wear. It has to be your decision since I am not there to feel the sway your getting. It does not sound like parts are going to break and fail.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.