Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Have damaged the ribbon cable connecting infinity radio to

Customer Question

have damaged the ribbon cable connecting infinity radio to UVO screen. 2014 Optima EX with UVO and backup camera, no nav. How can I get a new ribbon cable?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The best place to check for this cable/ribbon is a dealer as sometimes they can order it in seperately or they may be able to contact their radio repair facility to see if they can sell this cable seperately.In some cases it isnt offered seperately and the repair facility may want to have your radio to replace it themselves.One other option is to try a salvage yard.One web site I use for hard to find or odd parts is http://www.car-part.com.It is a web site with a large list of salvage yard.You would enter your vehicle info and what you are looking for (in this case the radio) and it should bring up a list of who has it.Then contact the phone number for this facility that has it or several of them that have it and tell them what you need specifically and they may be able to sell you just the ribbon cable and send it to you.

In most cases though a radio repair facility may want to see your radio to repair it themselves as this can be a hard to find part.I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear with this but I do hope it helps in some way.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete