Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

I have a 2008 Kia Sportage. All of a sudden, all my

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Kia Sportage. All of a sudden, all my dashboard break lights are on. ABS, ESC And PARKING BREAK! My mechanic checked my breaks and they are fine. Why are all these lights on?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Is the check engine light also on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just every break light known to man! LO;!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

lol, Ok,

There are several reasons these could be on. i assume your mechanic also checked the brake fluid level, but just in case you should look at that, and also make sure the brake lights are working.

This is the simple stuff that will turn them all on.

If that all checks out, then you really need to have it scanned. The reason is there are 4 wheel speed sensors, a yaw rate sensor, a G force sensor that could be the problem.

Let me be clear, the car will still stop and is safe to drive. This is an electrical problem and not a mechanical one. All it takes is one of these sensors to fail to kick the lights on. With so many it's best to have the abs control module scanned to know where to start looking.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I guess my next step is the diagnostic. Break fluid and lights were checked by my mechanic so I'll make the appointment for the diagnostic. Thanks again.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Once a code is pulled, then it will give him a place to do some testing to locate the issue. Normally it's worth the money with this type of issue.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thanks so much!