john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years foreign and domestic shop owner and technician
6149662

I need a service manua Kia Optima 2006, 5 speeds

Customer Question

I need a service manua for a Kia Optima 2006, 5 speeds transminssion vin #KNAGE123365067326.
Category: Kia
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

Im cam and ill help you with what you are looking for today!

I have located 2 manuals for you.

1st is a chilton manual and is very inexpensive but should have almost everthing you are looking for service wise.

here is the link for this one :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KIA-OPTIMA-SHOP-MANUAL-SERVICE-REPAIR-BOOK-HAYNES-WORKSHOP-CHILTON-KIA-2001-2010-/221212653024?fits=Year%3A2006|Make%3AKia|Model%3AOptima&hash=item33814d35e0:g:v~wAAOSwxH1T~oNp&vxp=mtr

this second one is a dealer manual and is alot more extensive than the haynes manual, but is 10 x the money.

It all depends how extensive you want to get into your repairs.

here is the link for this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-KIA-Optima-Service-Repair-Shop-Workshop-Manual-Factory-OEM-Set-2006-/351371838842?hash=item51cf64c57a:g:TK0AAOSweW5VLFYr&vxp=mtr

i hope i have answered your question! and i appreciate positive ratings!

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Cam:I am in Puerto Rico. I took the car to a small repair shop and now the guy tells me that the problem is with the valve body but he doesn’t have the manual for the five speeds version. The car is running in third gear only. If I can get a on line manual or diagram of that valve body, that may help. I need it as soon as possible.Thanks again!

no problem, im at work right now and i can have a look when i get home tonight..

what size engine do you have? and is it the wiring diagram of the transmission you need?

thanks

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cam:It is a 2.4 engine, 5 speeds trans. Pin KNAGE123365067326. I know nothing about transmission, but I think that the problem is with the assembly back of the valve body. I heard them talk about the position of the steel balls or something like. They also changed some selenoids. I took to the Kia dealer and they quoted me $1,800 to change the valve body and I can’t afford it. The scanner code is P0700.Thanks again!

ok, ill do some digging and see what i can come up with. thanks for the code.

that helps

cam

hi again,

ive been doing some searching and i cannot find any dignostic flow charts for that direct code, or even find any information that i think might help.

Im going to opt out and see if another tech can point you in the right direction.

cam

Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

po700 is a code showing there are transmission codes.. You will need a good scan tool to retrieve the transmission codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks John:
What I am looking for is some kind of online diagram for that model valve body, that can help to assembly it correctly.Thanks again!Fernando

kia tech info you can buy the info from kia 72 hours of kia tech info is 19 dollars www.KiaTechInfo.com