Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, clock, radio displays not work and

Customer Question

Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, clock, radio displays not work and warning lights are all on, and a goofy one is showing as well not described in manuals.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dashboard light dimmer does not work. Clock and Radio display comes on when turn off headlamps - bright though. Windows left partially open one night a few nights ago and it rained. Did moisture affect the electronics? Or do I check fuses?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problems you are describing is very much likely due to getting the car wet when the window was left down , moisture and electronic to not do well together. One thing you can try is to let the car set in a dry area out of the weather with the windows rolled down so it can dry out. If you lucky this may work , it may take a few day as well. Give this a try first and see if things return to normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron, thank you. I put a heater in the car for the day today. Thankfully all warning lights went off! The only exception is the check engine light is on now. All gauges are working though. Let me know your thoughts? Thanks!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The check engine light has likely come on because things got wet and the computer system detected something it did not like. I would remove the negative battery cable for a few minutes to clear the codes and then reconnect it and start and run the engine, if the light does not return then you should be good to go. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.