Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2012 Kia Forte ex will start but won't stay on it did it

Customer Question

My 2012 Kia Forte ex will start but won't stay on it did it before and the code given back was the crank sensor changed that and spark plug a few weeks ago but it started to do it yesterday again I let the car cool down and it started right up I was driving for six hours
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Is the check engine light on? If so, have you had the codes read and what are they?

It is possible that if an aftermarket crank sensor was used, that it failed prematurely, or may be unrelated to previous work such as fuel pump overheating and shutting down.

If it still is not starting and staying running, try having someone spray starting fluid into the throttle body as you crank it and keep spraying some into it to see if it will keep running as long as the starting fluid is sprayed into the throttle body. If so, then it indicates a fuel issue. If not, then possible the new crank sensor failed